Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for the formulation and execution of the WNY Women’s Foundation’s overall fundraising and stewardship plan. The Director works with staff and Board Committees to develop effective donor-centric strategies, outreach efforts and communication content, leading to development of new donors and engagement and recognition of current donors.
Reports and Responsible To: Executive Director
Essential Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor and execute a strategic plan for fundraising with differentiated giving strategies to reach established goal. The plan will include strategies addressing annual fundraising (including recurrent donations and deferred giving), planned giving, multi-year pledges, major gifts, third-party events and grants.
- Guide the Advancement Committee (a Board Committee), the Board of Directors, Emeritae Advisory, and the Executive Director to ensure a plan to meet the goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Hold a portfolio and actively solicit for organizational support
- Drive the relationship development and stewardship of individual and organizational friends and donors, recruiting additional resources (Board Members, Advancement Committee, Executive Director, etc.) as necessary.
- Direct effective fund and friend-raising events
- Develop a system of routine communication for the Pat Garman Torch Circle Planned Giving program.
- Assist to identify and write grants.
Community Awareness and Outreach
- Identify and engage in ongoing activities of the community, stakeholders and key partners, to drive awareness and understanding of the Foundation’s mission and initiatives that cultivates donors.
- Support the development of effective electronic and print marketing materials (Annual Report, Newsletters, Appeals) and collateral that lead to development of new donors, and engagement and recognition of current donors.
- Develop processes to track, acknowledge and communicate regular fundraising activities.
- Work in association with staff and volunteers to fulfill the mission of the Foundation.
- Represent the Foundation in the community in a manner that cultivates respect and recognition.
Part-time or full-time position (25-37.5 hours). Weekdays with occasional evening work required. Local travel.
Attendance on a regular and predictable basis is required
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years of related experience with a strong track record of successful development campaigns
- Knowledge of Buffalo’s corporate, foundation, and philanthropic community
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent proofreading skills essential.
- Ability to manage a variety of responsibilities simultaneously while being extremely well-organized and detailed orientated
- Passion about issues impacting women and girls in WNY
- Excel and Powerpoint proficiency a must. Knowledge of donor databases required. DonorPerfect knowledge a plus.
- Development credentials or membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals a plus
- Valid driver license and reliable automobile
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/21/18